Tuesday 3 September 2013

Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Cream in Cotton Candy Review

I bought this about a week ago when I was down with Mark at the superdrug in Wimborne and I've used it so much in that time!
I was deliberating between Cotton Candy and Fairy Cake and eventually chose Cotton Candy because it is a brighter pink while Fairy Cake is more of a coral colour. I regret not getting Fairy Cake (and the other two colours!) as well though because this is one of my favourite lip products to date! I'm getting them the second I get more money! I hope the other colours look as nice!
Cotton Candy is a gorgeous colour and it smells like vanilla too which is amazing and rather addicting! Even though it's quite bright, it still looks relatively natural and doesn't dry out my lips. It is also pretty long lasting so it doesn't need many touch ups throughout the day. As it is a cream instead of a gloss, it isn't sticky or shiny but matte instead, which I actually really like! It adds to the natural look of it so it's more wearable.

I love this colour and I love that it's matte too!

The tube is small enough to slip into my bag so it's easy and convenient to carry around which is super handy! The applicator is also a nice shape and works on my lips really well. It is only a cheap product so it takes a few coats to get full and even colour but the end result is so worth it.

Cute and simple packaging!
I love these applicators!











If you like more natural and subdued colours or want something that is between a lip gloss and lipstick, I think this is for you. The colours available are pretty but not too in your face which is nice and makes them a lot more wearable than some other lipsticks and glosses. To be honest, even if you only like the smell of vanilla, buy one anyway because their smell is so gorgeous! Plus they have the nicest names that make them almost sound edible (except Powder Puff maybe...)! The only downside that I've found is the limited colour range of these, there are only four and despite them all looking amazing, there isn't a whole lot to choose from so I think they'll probably lose customers due to the fact that people might not find a colour that they like or one that suits them. I think they're well worth the money because they're pretty cheap for such good quality!
You can get them from Boots or Superdrug for £2.99 each. 

I forgot to mention! Even though the Rimmel nail polish was majorly disappointing at the beginning, I've grown to love it due to the fact that it's still on my nails and barely chipped after a week without a top coat! I'm only taking it off because I want a new colour on my nails, its the end of summer after all and I need a colour that's less summery! 
Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment