Tuesday 15 January 2013

8 reasons why YOU should start blogging!

At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to start writing a blog; I wasn't sure if I was interesting enough, funny enough, smart enough etc. but I found that it's great fun, you meet awesome people and once you start it's really difficult to stop!
I encourage anyone that's thinking of blogging to start, and if you're not, try it anyway! If it isn't for you, you don't have to carry on anyway!

So here are a few reasons why I think you should start blogging no matter who you are or where you're from!

Why you should start blogging and how to just have fun doing it!

  1. It's completely personal - It's your blog. This means you can write about what you want. Guaranteed, if you find something interesting, there will be at least one other person on the internet that shares your interest and will enjoy reading your blog!
  2. It's a good way to vent  - Sometimes it's nice to just sit down after a difficult day and just write about it. Who knows? Maybe you'll get someone nice giving you an encouraging comment or some advice?
  3. It's your blog, work around you! - you control your blog, so you control when you upload a post. If you don't have any ideas, that's perfectly fine! If you have a million ideas, also fine! Do what you want when you want; that's the great thing about the internet, you can do and say what you like because the blog is completely yours and yours alone. No one tells you what to write or when, blog around your schedule and work load.
  4. It improves your writing skills - I'm being serious. I had to write a piece of journalistic writing for my English coursework last week so I wrote it in the style I usually do; my teachers both love it and my style!
  5. You meet people you wouldn't have otherwise! - I've actually made a good friend through blogging which I find amazing; our lives are actually pretty linked which we found really creepy when we first started talking, but you have the opportunity to meet and talk to people from around the world which is amazing!
  6. It shows dedication - being able to keep a blog running and updating it regularly will show people that you can keep at something over a long period of time which is always a good thing! Not that you'd want to show your blog to anyone... :P
  7. It gives you a chance to be creative - I love being creative but I lack the time and motivation to do anything properly arty. A blog is great for satisfying my creative side because I can do and say what I like without thinking much about what others think of it.
  8. It's FUN! - I found blogging quite hard to begin with, but once you get in to the swing of things, it's really great! It's a great way to be productive but take a break from work at the same time, and you're doing something interesting!
Obviously blogging isn't for everyone, but I do recommend trying it, it's great once you start! If you don't like it you can always stop anyway, nothing is stopping you!
Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment