Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summer Bucket List!

This is the longest Summer I've ever had so it's a good chance to get a lot of things done! 
Topic 13 was to create a Summer bucket list so I've come up with a few things I've been wanting to do for a while and can actually get on with now college and exams are finally over and I have loads of spare time!

1. Go to the theatre
I haven't been to the theatre for so long but I have plans to go with a friend from college in three weeks time so I'm super excited to actually do this - it will be the first time going without my family!
2. Go to the beach
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the beach as sand annoys me and it's always really busy but it's something I feel I have to do at least once in summer. I also have plans to go to Brighton with a friend in August so this one will happen soon too!
3. Get into University
This is entirely out of my hands now but if I don't get into Reading, I'm hoping that there will be somewhere that's willing to take me instead!
4. Complete my summer reading list
I didn't make it just to look pretty! The books all seem really interesting and I'm going to have lots of time over the next two weeks at my Archaeological dig to read and get some of the books crossed off the list! 
5. Get a job
I'm still waiting to see if Waitrose will offer me the job so fingers crossed! This one can also wait until September as more will open up when people leave for uni and school.
6. Try something completely new
I love trying new and fun things which is actually a reason for points 7 and 9!
7. Make a plan of action for getting healthier
I want to try and get healthier at Uni so I'll be looking at food and exercise options to see what appeals to me and seems doable! So far I've been looking at yoga and running for exercise and smoothies for a way to have more fruit in my diet!
8. Meet up with college and secondary school friends
Every summer I fail hopelessly at meeting up with friends but this year I've actually been pretty social and good at meeting up with people I haven't seen for a while! Having a car probably helps with that as I can go to a lot more places without my parents needing to be around!
9. Make a scrapbook with magazine articles/pictures
I've collected Elle and a few of Glamour and Marie Claire since this time last year and it's getting quite difficult to store all of them so I'm going to create a magazine scrapbook to save my favourite bits from each one!
10. Create a recipe book to take to University with me
I'm going to be in self-catering accommodation next year so I need to learn how to cook. Until I go, I'm going to begin collecting recipes I like that I could make easily when I'm there!

Have you guys got anything that you're planning to do over the summer?
Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. good luck! I desperately need to work on my cooking before uni as well haha, i'm trying so hard to put it off right now but it's on my summer to-do list. I also find it really daunting how much cooking equipment/basics I need to buy before I go!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good list! I love the beach but I don't love the sea. I like to wet my toes and I like to look out over the ocean, but actually getting in it, nope. I'd rather sit on the rocks than play in the sand.

    Good luck with your list!!

    ~ K
    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete