Thursday 17 July 2014

Oops...

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a week! I've had no motivation recently because nothing particularly interesting has happened and I just haven't found any oomph to blog which is disappointing because I have so much time! 

Yesterday, I went to Reading University for their disability information day as I'm diabetic and need to have a few things to help with my living in halls (fridge in my room for my medication) come September/October. We had quite a few talks through the day about various things and it made me realise how lucky I actually am with my illness. Even though it does have its downsides sometimes, I have quite good control so it doesn't really affect my life much anymore as I've been diabetic since I was 11 so it's just become another part of my life instead of a problem. 

During the talks, there was a lot of information about getting extra help academically or someone to help socially and it really opened my eyes to the fact that people have severe problems with these sorts of things and made me thankful that while I have some health problems, I don't have problems that affect every day life to the point where I can't perform tasks by myself. While I get frustrated sometimes with my diabetes, the talks really opened my eyes to how lucky I actually am. 

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment