Monday 28 July 2014

Lipstick Love!

For topic 11 of the blogger challenge,  we have to write about collections. As I already did a post about my nail polish collection for a previous topic, I decided to do a top 5 for my other make up collection; lipsticks! 

I have over 50 lip products so it's quite difficult to decide on my favourites but I think I've managed to cut them down to a top 5 pinks and others!

The Pinks

Left to right: MUA Luxe Velvet Lacquer in Funk, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon, Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in 101,
Chanel Coco Rouge in 62 Irrésistible, Sleek Matte Me in Petal.
I mostly wear pink lipstick as it suits me really well, looks good all year round and goes with a majority of my outfits.
For a few months earlier this year, I became obsessed with light pink lipsticks and found the holy grail when I discovered Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon. It's creamy and has the nicest colour that in my opinion is a perfect light pink lipstick.
Rimmel's Kate Moss Matte lipstick is also a brilliant pale pink but is matte instead. This line is easily one of my favourites and this shade doesn't disappoint. This lipstick is equal with the Revlon for colour I think, maybe even slightly better, but is a bit less natural due to it being matte.
Funk is another matte lipstick but it's a liquid lipstick which means it applies with an applicator. This makes it a little trickier to apply but I love this colour and the look it gives - for £3 it creates a gorgeous lip and the colour doesn't budge for ages compared to usual lipsticks which is a major plus! This is the best lipstick I have for staying power out of the 10 I am showing by far, possibly in my entire collection! I just wish they did a bigger range of colours!
Petal is a newer discovery and is really gorgeous; I've worn it so many times already! It's another matte liquid lipstick and I would say it is most similar to Rimmel's 101 in colour, maybe a little darker. This one was easier to remove than the MUA but the extra price is still worth it as Sleek have a better colour range.
The Chanel lipstick is honestly my most loved lipstick as it's my first proper high end lipstick (MAC not being counted...I mean over £15). Mum bought it as an end of exams present when we last went to London as a family. It has a shimmer to it and is slightly darker than the other pinks but is so wearable and I tend to just put it on as I'm about to leave when I can't choose a colour to wear as it goes with everything! It also has a faint smell of rose which is absolutely heavenly, it reminds me of my macarons! It also lasts for a long time despite not being matte. I really want to save up and get some more of these lipsticks as they're so pretty and the colour range available is just incredible!

Left to right: Funk, Pink in the Afternoon, 101, 62 Irrésistible, Petal.


The Others

I decided that I had far too many favourites (and pinks!) To do just one top 5, so these are my favourites out of my other lipstick shades that I own!
Sorry for the slightly out of focus photos - the lighting was really iffy so I eventually gave up and picked the best out of a really bad bunch!

Left to right: Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in Raplumzel, Miners The Matte Factor in Deep Red,
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 107, The Body Shop Born Lippy stick Lip Balm in Plum,
MAC Amplified in Dark Deed.
The darker colours I own are mostly for Autumn and Winter as they go better with my outfits during that time. However, sometimes I feel like cracking out a red lip in Summer to mix things up a bit and I wear either Rimmel's Matte Lipstick in 107 or Miners' matte liquid lipstick in Deep Red as they're both great colours with long wear times. 107 is a darker red while Deep Red is closer to a dark pink despite the name. However, both are great and even though the swatches aren't brilliant, they are really lovely and matte. The Rimmel is my favourite of the two as it smells amazing and feels better on the lips. The Miners is still good and smells sweeter, like vanilla cupcakes but is trickier to apply as it requires an applicator, like the MUA and Sleek colours.
The Soap and Glory gloss stick is such a gorgeous colour that, despite being glossy, lasts for quite a while and looks amazing while giving off great colour. I have this in a pink that I got with a set around Christmas but I prefer this as the colour is super pretty.
The body shop lip balm is tinted so I counted it here as I've been wearing it a lot recently because it's so moisturising! The colour it gives off is obviously subtle but it's really pretty and gives a nice wash of colour. It also smells amazing - I think it's quite similar to the Maybelline Baby Lips and I think this one is more comfortable on the lips apart from Cherry Me, which is still a firm favourite. 
Dark Deed was bought for me as part of a pack this Christmas and I absolutely love it. It's the darkest lipstick I own so it's not brought out often because it's quite difficult to wear but when I do, it's perfect. It doesn't last as long as I would like but I have a lip liner that came with it to solve that problem. 

Left to right: Raplumzel, Deep red, 107, Plum and Dark Deed.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post, I know I enjoyed really looking through my lipstick collection and choosing my favourites. Let me know some of your favourites and what you think of these! 
Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of all these lip products they look so fab! I love a plum lip usually but really it depends what kind of mood I'm in:)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, that's how I feel about darker lip colours too! xxxxxxx

      Delete