Tuesday 8 July 2014

Meeting Lewis Watson!

I was so lucky to stumble across a meet and greet event on Facebook at the HMV in Reading the other day for Lewis Watson's release of his new album 'The Morning', so yesterday I went down there and all I had to do to get in was buy the album from HMV which I was planning to do anyway! I was given a wristband and I was given access!

First off, we got to listen to some of the songs off the album live which was just incredible - he shared the stories and meanings behind the songs and he sounded identical to the record which is rare these days! I was blown away by how much emotion he put into each song and it makes me so happy to see someone that I've listened to and admired for years get recognition!

I did get some videos but unfortunately they won't upload properly, otherwise I would show you how great he is!!

We then got to meet him and get our albums signed! He was so lovely and thanked me for buying the album and coming which was amazing - he was so humble and sweet and I wish I'd had more time to talk to him properly!

Lewis and I, thank you to the security guard that took the photo!

Such a lovely cover!



It's signed! 

I listened to the album on the way home and I'm actually in love, I don't dislike any of the songs which is rare for an album! My favourites from the album are probably holding on, into the wild, stay, close, halo, sink or swim and castle street. 

You can buy the album from HMV, iTunes and Lewis Watson's online store.
You can also listen to the album on Spotify.

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment