I love reading but because of my A levels, I've had trouble finding time to read books not to do with my courses for the last two years! This summer is the longest I've ever had so I'm intending to use it to my full advantage and read as much as I can!
I've come up with a list of books I either want to finish or at least start before I hopefully start University in September/October!
- Aristotle: Philosophy in an hour by Paul Strathern
- David Golder by Irene Nemirovsky
- Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
- Confronting the Classics by Mary Beard
- Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters
- The Civil Wars by Appian
- Isis and Osiris by Plutarch
Most of these books are still to do with Ancient History/Classics or Archaeology but I'm reading them for fun instead of for classes (the books I read for classes were still good though!) so I'm excited to read them! Hopefully they will actually be useful for next year as well!
I know the list isn't huge but some of the books are quite big and I'm quite busy until mid way through August so I don't want to set myself too big a goal as I'm pretty sure I can read all of these by the time I get to Uni!