Monday 26 August 2013

Travels and adventures.

I went to London with my brother on Friday and we went to so many different places! 
First, we went of an adventure to find a shop where Ben could get some running shoes. We ended up going over the wrong bridge and ended up in boots first. When I went to Reading last time (about a week ago), I bought a L'oreal caresse lipstick from Boots in Sweet Berry (suggestion from MissBudgetBeauty). I absolutely love this lipstick and it's by far the best that I've used. It's shiny, non-sticky and the brand has such a good range of colours! The colour also lasts a good few hours which is a nice change from usual! I got a double points voucher and L'oreal have a 2 for £14 offer so I went back and bought 2 more lipsticks! I got Lovely Rose and Tempting Lilac which are both pretty pinks. All 3 colours look similar when on but are very different in the swatches (below). Lovely Rose is a light pink while Sweet Berry is a burgundy colour. Tempting Lilac is somewhere in between (a slightly darker pink). I really love these and I will probably end up buying more when I have more money! 

Top to Bottom: Lovely Rose, Tempting Lilac, Sweet Berry. They don't actually look this similar on! 
Swatches and the packaging, it looks more expensive than other drugstore brands!
We looked around various other shops and I had a look in some charity shops, I was very close to buying a yellow vintage Christian Dior jumper but decided against it eventually!
Just before getting the train back, we stopped off in Kate Spade to have a look at their new collection (it's so cute and gorgeous! Majorly jealous of people that can afford to buy any of it!) and I finally caved and bought the skinny mini bow ring that I've been wanting for months! It's honestly the most perfect ring EVER. I usually don't like gold jewellery but the gold looked so much better than the silver and I've been wearing it every day since buying it! It also fits perfectly which is great because I don't usually wear rings because I'm always scared that I'll lose them or never get them off again! It's only a little thin ring so it's not much but I think it's gorgeous and sophisticated but chic too, I think it looks good with a plain outfit to give it an extra pop. I am completely in love with it and I think it's going to be a staple piece of jewellery from now on! 
The ring is gorgeous and the packaging is too! Such a sweet little box that I intend to keep!
I also painted my nails the day before this trip! I used Rimmel's I heart lasting finish in Tangy Tangerine, my first time using this nail polish range. I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be which is a shame because it's currently on offer in Boots at £1.99 instead of £2.99. Most of the nails were fine when applying the polish, only taking 2 coats but others took several and eventually became so thick that I had to re do them again. This was mainly on my thumb nails so I assume that this is because of the brush shape not being big enough to cover the nail fully and therefore having to do it in parts which makes it uneven. Once on, the polish is actually quite good. It's shiny and mostly smooth but some nails have little smudges and lumps from where I had to go over it again because of uneven colour. These are pretty unnoticeable though so it isn't much of a problem. Overall, I'm not sure if I would buy any more colours from this range but I'll see how the other colours are on my nails, it might be a product that is different depending on the colours!

If anyone has any opinions on any of the products, let me know down below! 
Jess xx

P.S. My URL doesn't work as http://theadorabledork.co.uk so I've changed it back to http://theadorabledork.blogspot.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment