Monday 25 November 2013

Family outings!

I said a couple of weeks ago about going to London with my family but having to come back home due to my brother being ill. We returned on Saturday and it was so amazing! 
We went to Covent Garden for the day and the Christmas decorations were up! Covent Garden is my favourite part of London anyway but it looked so pretty. There was a huge tree in the centre with lights and baubles and in the market, there were huge baubles hanging from the ceiling! It's got me in the mood for Christmas now so beware, festive things are definitely coming your way on this blog soon!

It was so tall! The lights were flashing and it looked so pretty.

Giant baubles are awesome!
We first went to Zara where I tried on (and eventually bought) a really gorgeous sheer black long sleeved top with buttons down the back and a white peter pan collar! It's really gorgeous and I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it, I'm a sucker for collars like that! I also tried on the dress from my On top of the world Polyvore but it was too small and didn't have the next size up so I had to sadly leave that behind. 
We had a look in Kate Spade and the range there at the moment is sadly not to my taste but I found a piece that I've had my eye on for ages but more of that when Christmas comes around as everything bought was taken by my parents and hidden to be given back at Christmas! 
We went to an amazing steakhouse called Hawksmoor just opposite Kate Spade and it was so so amazing. We went there the last time too and I love it so much, I've never had better steak! If you're in London, I highly recommend you check them out, you won't regret it!
I also finally got to go to Laduree and I can tell you now that it's hyped for a very good reason. I got 6 macarons (or macaroons…however you spell it), 4 in the whackiest and loveliest sounding flavours and 2 safer, normal flavours. I've eaten them all now and the slightly odd flavours tasted the best; Rose, Gingerbread, Strawberry Candy Marshmallow and Orange Blossom. The Lemon and Raspberry flavours weren't as nice which is strange! I'll definitely be buying more though next time I'm in London. I love the little box they come it too, I'm definitely keeping that!

It's a bit blurry but I love the packaging so much!

How pretty are these? Almost too good to eat! Almost...

Left to right: Strawberry Candy Marshmallow, Orange Blossom, Rose, Gingerbread, Raspberry and Lemon

Once we got back, I went round an old friend's house to watch the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who. It was incredible and she had even baked chocolate chip cupcakes and decorated them with blue icing, blue glitter and a mini edible TARDIS!! I really enjoyed the episode but I think there were a few things they could have improved on - I can't wait for the Christmas episode though, I'll just be sad when Matt Smith leaves, I think he's great in the role and I'm still not sure how I feel about Peter Capaldi…we shall have to see.

I think she should make cakes and sell them, they're so yummy! 
This week is going to be really hectic with coursework and homework so I will have to see when I get time again to actually write another post - bye for now though! 
Jess xx






4 comments:

  1. ooh I got that same Ladurée box in Paris! It's a perfect size for putting little round pots in like lip balm or individual eyeshadows and looks pretty. My favourite macaron is actually raspberry and I wasn't keen on rose or orange blossom, but that strawberry candy marshmallow one looks AMAAZING!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice on what to keep it it - I'll see what I can find!
      I love them usually but I found it to have too many seeds in so I was put off annoyingly! My favourite chocolates are Rose and Violet creams so I guess I like more fragrant flavours! Oh my gosh, it was honestly the best thing I've had in so long! It has marshmallow instead of the usual cream filling and it was amazing!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love Macaroons! My brother is studying at uni in London, now I really want to go and visit him, and see Covent Garden :-) x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favourite! You should, it's my favourite part of London - super pretty right now with the most amazing shops! x

      Delete